Thursday, 3 September 2015

Production maths!

Description: we are learning multiplication and division. this term we are doing production so we decided to do some maths on it my math group is with my new teacher rebbeca we have been doing for our production we did division and multiplication.

This is the question photo


This is my first question that I did for math!






Bi: the first question was a division question so the question is 52 divided by 8 and I used my happy hundreds board to work it out the answer was 6 remainder 4. a remainder is when there are some left.

This is my second question!


Bi: the second question was a multiplication question so the question is 6x4 and I used my happy hundreds board to work it out the answer was 24  I know this because I know 16+8=24 I used my 4 and 2 times tables to work it out.



Evaluation: I think that the first the first question was a bit hard because I don't really know my divided by's but it was good practice
I think I could work on using my 2s 4s & 3 times tables more often in division

Feedback: I like the way u put it into a poster. Ross
Feedforward: I think you could work on your divisions without using 2s 3s & 4 times tables. Ross

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you looking at questions that are a bit hard as great practise Devin! I love it when people know the best learning happens in the pit. I agree a next step for you is to work on using more multiplication facts in your problem solving as having basic facts knowledge makes working out our questions easier.

    ReplyDelete