Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Reading sample term 3

Description: this term for reading we are doing tic tac toes again for those who don't know what tic tac toes are they are tasks we need to do during literacy we need to do three tic tac toes toes before Friday 
The tic tac toe I chose to do was interview. This particular tic tac toe makes you wright an interview with a character from a book or a character in real life. My character was lag seeing from a graphic novel I have at home
Here is a picture of the tic tac toe with the one I'm doing circled




This is a picture of the graphic novel I based the interview about it is called tegami bachi 


Big idea/learning
My goal in literacy is questioning I know I'm getting better at my goal because before I read I come up with this question and sometimes I come up with question during and after the reason why I'm getting better is because I have amazing teachers that can teach really well 

Here is my interview story

Interview with lag seeing 


Hello everyone today we have a special letter bee guest laaaaggg seeing!
So tell me lag what did you first feel like when gauche first met you? Umm well it's kinda hard to remember but I felt really angry inside because before I met gauche my mother had been taken away into this strange light near yussari, then next thing you know I found myself under this strange cross thingy and gauche told me to eat some yucky soup after that he told me to rest up and he used my name then I got really confused with anger and I shouted "WHY DID YOU TAKE MAMA INTO THE STRANGE LIGHT? You are the bad person aren't you? Then he told me he was a letter bee he also told me I was a letter I thought my mum would never abandon me instead of listening he picked me up and started taking me some where when he put me down I met his dingo rodda excuse me but what is a dingo? Oh a dingo a dingo is a letter bees companion just like Connors dingo and trust me they are exactly alike anyway rodda was kind of like me she had no mother she didn't like that pukey soup and she loved to play a little while after I met my first gaichu excuse me again can you explain what a gaichu is for our viewers who don't know what a gaichu is? Of course a gaichu is a menacing creature with no heart It's just a whole bunch of armour gauche taught me the only way to kill a gaichu is with a shindanju they way you kill is between the weak points a.k.a the open joints in the armour, a shindanju is a type of gun powered by spirit Amber the gun houses special bullets that hold fragments of the bees heart it takes a about a day for the heart to fully recover.

So lag tell me what it's like being a living shindanju?
Well its actually amazing because when I first gauche sister sylvette I got to see the heart in gauche's gun now every time I make a delivery I can shoot gauche's gun and think of such a good friend he was and after every delivery I can go home to sylvette who gave me a spare room that wasn't being used anymore but she would normally make that pukey soup for dinner.

Okay tell me about niche how is it having a child of maka as a dingo?
Well she is kinda self centred but she is a trustworthy dingo a little bit dangerous when she first flew over me I kinda regretted having here a dingo what lag does not want niche as a dingo? What no of course I want you for my dingo your amazing why are you here anyway I told you to stay with sylvette! Hey niche get back here sylvette what are doing here also I'm in the middle of an interview sorry lag but niche keep running away saying niche is not a failure I must be with lag everywhere! Awwww niche you are not a failure you protect me you have to be the best dingo ever! Other than rodda. Niche met rodda she said I was a failure no niche you are not a failure okay!

Can I ask niche a few questions yeah sure 
Okay niche how are you planning to cook steak when you the chance?
Niche gonna cook steak nice and crispy so niche hunger can get full then niche won't have to eat pukey soup for a month
Okay not really the answer I was hoping for anyway niche do you like being lags dingo? And helping him on deliveries? Niche must protect lag niche loves to be lags dingo
Not the answer I was hoping for either oh well I just need to ask two more questions niche how old are you? niche does not know
Okay then niche how many names have you had? Niche does not know 

Well that's it folks see you all next week with a very famous guest!

Feedback: I really like your story because it makes sense.
Feedforward: next time use full stops.

Evaluation: I think I did well on the interview story because I did it by myself and I really put into the pit even though there are only ten questions it took me nearly the whole of literacy to come up with the questions and write them down in a parable form but I think that I can work on next time is reading it out loud editing and making sure that there is Capital letters full stops and that it makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of personal voice Devin, it always shows in our work when we incorporate something we are passionate about. This makes the reader interested too! I agree that you could focus on punctuation to make it easier for the reader to follow. Keep up the great work Devin, it is great to hear you put yourself in the pit as that is where the best learning happens.

    ReplyDelete