Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Reading Portfolio

Description: this term we started reading workshops! What are reading workshops? Reading workshops are little groups the teachers take onto the mat to learn about their goal. The goals are comprehension and expand vocabulary, if we're not at a workshop we are doing tic tac toes they are tasks that comprehension and expand vocabulary need to do there are six new ones each week we have to get three done each week. My goal is comprehension. I am going to show you one of the tic tac toe's


Here is the task I showed you.







Success criteria: to make text to text connections, text to world connections and text to self connections. Text to text is  making connections between texts. Text to self is making connections between you and the text.text to world is making connections between the world and the text.


Evaluation: I think I did well on my tic tac toe task because I think that all my other tic tac toes are a bit flimsy and don't have a lot of thought put into it but this one I'm most proud of because I had to think about the character and myself to complete it.
 Next time I  think I could work on putting more words that make me just like my book character to make it more detailed and more thoughtful to be a great piece of work.

Feedback/feedforward: you have done a really good job on your poster and I can see all the great connections you have made between you and Andy's older sister next time you could maybe put some color in your poster. Georgia

1 comment:

  1. Well done Devin. This is a very clear post explaining your goal and how you can achieve it. Your evaluation tells me lots about you as a learner. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete