Monday, 9 March 2015

Marae story telling story board

PPurpose: create a story to share orally

Description: Oral storytelling is a Maori tradition. We have been planning our own story to tell on the Marae in Week 7.


Description: make a detailed story board for when you tell your story you paint a picture in your audiences mind.

Heres a picture of my story board




My story is called how death came to earth. The story before harry potter.

Heres my old story board.


And heres my character plan and normal plan.



Here's my video!
Success Criteria:
  • Between 1 and 2 minutes long

  • Using your voice to make sounds effects

  • Using your whole body to make actions

  • Use your face to tell a story through facial expression

  • Knowing the story, knowing the setting

  • Get the picture into your listener’s head

  • Stay in character - keep your composure.

  • Audience participation

  • Unique and original (Hook your audience)

Evaluation:
I think I could improve on my audience cooperation because I don't think really anybody participated.
I think I did well sharing my story because I was pretty nervous at first
Before bed I shared my story at first I was pretty scared but after wards I felt proud and happy and accomplished. If im asked to do it in front of the whole school I will do it!
Feed back/feedfoward good job on your story board I can't wait for your movie next time could you put your message as well as your title. Gracie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Devin, Aye here
    I've seen your work and you trying to practise your proper story telling. Well done! I really liked the way you added humour and crowd participation. What I think you should work on is to not to make it too humourous because otherwise it will lose the audience's mental image of your story. Good luck!
    Aye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your confidence really grew through this activity Devin. You can be really proud of your courage to share at the marae. You used facial expression and lots of detail to make your message clear to your audience.

    All you need to do is get your video onto your blog and your post will be complete.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete